Public Relations & Advertising Manager
The Hass Avocado Board is seeking a Public Relations and Advertising Manager (PRAM) responsible for developing strategy, planning and executing public relations, advertising and promotion programs to communicate the unique health benefits, versatility of Hass avocados and the sustainability aspect to key audiences.
- Promote the consumption of fresh avocados in the United States market and support communications to the industry that keep them informed about HAB activities and programs.
- Plan, develop and execute public relations and advertising programs targeting key audiences in accordance with goals and objectives in the strategic plan.
- Direct and manage PR and advertising agency partners in accordance with approved budgets and annual plans.
- Effectively gather and use data to monitor and evaluate programs against target performance indicators.
- Participate in the annual planning process with department staff and agency partners, develop plans and monitor progress and success of campaigns throughout the year.
- Plan, develop and manage PR and advertising campaigns targeting consumers, health professionals, trade, and industry audiences.
- Manage all content and resources including influencer/spokesperson’s social posts, webinars, podcasts, continuing education programs, handouts, and review agency’s Spanish translation of those materials.
- Review invoice packet and manage PR and advertising budget.
- Review recipes, photography and manage distribute of new resources with internal team and external partners.
- Manage all aspects of event marketing programs, attend conferences.
- Assist with crisis management and coordinate communications with PR agency and internal team.
- Work with USDA to obtain approval for all communications.
The Ideal Candidate
- Genuine interest and passion for health, wellness and nutrition and Hass avocados.
- Believe that people’s lives can be improved by consuming fresh, wholesome, and good tasting healthy and nutritious food.
- Ironclad integrity; must be impeccably honest and trustworthy.
- Creative, high-level thinker who can design and direct comprehensive PR and advertising plans; brings ideas to the table; thinks outside of the box and offers new perspectives.
- Strong negotiator; effectively utilizes techniques to sell, influence, and gain support for recommended programs.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills, project management skills are required. Great attention to details.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Possess strong proof-reading skills. Thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-intensive environment.
- Ability to travel.
Education & Experience
- An undergraduate BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, or health field such as nutrition is required. Master in Science in Nutrition, Dietetics with marketing and communications experience preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years PR and advertising experience is required. Managing agency experience is a plus.
- Food/produce, nutrition, trade, industry communications, and marketing experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working with government-regulated marketing and public relations programs.
- Nonprofit, government agency, and/or commodity board experience is a plus.
- Experience overseeing design and production of print, promotional materials, photography, and video shoot. Must have eye for design.
- Demonstrated successful experience in creating and making presentations.
- Bilingual Spanish is highly desirable but not required.
Location and Benefits
- The Hass Avocado Board is headquartered in Mission Viejo, CA.
- Click here to learn more about the Hass Avocado Board and Benefits package
The Hass Avocado Board is an equal opportunity employer.