The Bold Application Process
Find the information you need to know to participate in the BOLD program.
How can BOLD bring out the best in you?
BOLD graduates discover ways to turn their personal passion for avocados into a professional asset that can help improve profitability and increase the effectiveness of a growing industry that creates jobs, improves the well-being of consumers, and benefits entire communities.
BOLD participants will take part in courses on the essential knowledge, skills, and relationships necessary for motivated individuals to develop themselves into industry leaders.
Content is developed and taught by relevant professionals, ranging from industry veterans to top academic professionals in food and agriculture at the University of California-Davis. Each participant is also paired with a mentor for the duration of the program.
To qualify, you must be eligible to sit on an industry board and have the approval of your company/employer to participate.
2022 TIMELINE OF APPLICATION PROCESS:
- JAN 1 – JAN 31 Open application enrollment.
- February Video conference with a Hass Avocado Leadership Committee member(s).
- Late March Selected candidates will be informed of their acceptance into the program by the HAPRI Board who will sponsor their participation.
- April 1 BOLD program starts. Welcome meeting. Overview of expectations, responsibilities, and calendar of meetings, events, and seminars.
- Yearlong participation, spanning March 2022 to March 2023.
- Attend 5-6 HAPRIO Board meetings including module training sessions. Locations: CA and Dallas.
- Meetings might be held virtually.
- Potential trip to Washington D.C. for USDA visit.
- Attend 2-day academic training at UC Davis in June (if travel is possible, held virtually otherwise)
- Participate in a mentorship program throughout the year.
- Have approval from participant’s company to engage.
Learn more about how you can get involved in the bold program
Whether you are a potential applicant or an interested member of the industry, learn more about how BOLD brings out the best in all of us.