Board members will be announced here
The names of those receiving the highest number of votes for the available seats were submitted to the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture (Secretary); see the results. The Secretary will make the final decision on who will be appointed to fill the open seats.
2023 Nomination Schedule
- Mar 01 Announcement of open seats. Online nominations process opens. Announcement letter mailed to all eligible producers and importers
- Mar 31 Deadline to submit nominations to HAB
- Apr 07 Deadline for nominees to submit Nominee Information form and Declaration of Eligibility via email
- Apr 12 Deadline to register to vote
- Apr 17 Paper ballots and e-ballots are mailed and/or emailed to producers and importers
- May 15 Deadline to submit votes
- May 16 Voting results are submitted to CPA for total vote tabulation and verification
- May 22 CPA provides final voting results to HAB
- May 24 HAB requests Background form from top nominees per official voting results
- Jun 15 Deadline for top nominees to submit Background form
- Jul 03 HAB submits Nominations Packet (official voting results and background form) to AMS and USDA Secretary
- Nov 01 Term begins for new members and alternates
BOARD NOMINATIONS ANNUALLY RENEW LEADERSHIP…
by consistently identifying and recruiting industry experts to guide and to serve growers and importers and to stimulate industry growth.
The Hass Avocado Board’s job is to make avocados America’s most popular fruit – and it’s working.
The Board seeks skill sets and diversity that energetically pursue its mission to support the global avocado industry stakeholders in their collective efforts toward market expansion in the U.S.
WHY JOIN THE BOARD?
- Become an integral part of the leadership engine that makes producers and importers successful
- Because you benefit from the success of HAB and the industry it helps drive
- Gain deeper industry understanding and knowledge to increase your expertise
- Build relationships with global leaders from the avocado industry in the U.S.
When you join the Hass Avocado Board you connect with an organization of recognized success in creating a robust, nationwide produce category. Avocados are now bought and sold virtually nationwide. Consumers have happily embraced avocado nutritional benefits. HAB’s member importers have galvanized a worldwide industry’s success.
Bring your passion for the avocado industry’s growth to the Hass Avocado Board as a new Board member and help shape the future of our industry.
WHAT’S YOUR COMMITMENT?
- Four Board meetings a year
- Decision-making contributions to our policy and direction
- Bringing your drive and enthusiasm to our Board
- Sharing your expertise as a successful industry member
Visit our HAB meeting and events page to obtain copies of the latest Board meeting minutes.
Our 5-year strategic blueprint was developed to ensure HAB’s legacy of success. Five priorities define our long-term agenda and guide our strategic plan:
- Business Support Tools & Information
- Industry Engagement & Leadership
Be a part of HAB’s success!
We’ve invested millions of dollars in nutrition-focused marketing campaigns that have helped make fresh Hass avocados a part of pop culture. Plus, our nutrition research has helped consumers understand how avocados are beneficial to their health. The entire industry can count on HAB to be a catalyst for action and a reason to be confident – and you can be a part of the future.
HAB strengthens the Global Avocado Industry and its stakeholders in our collective efforts toward market development in the U.S. through leadership in Nutrition, Communications, Business Support Tools and Information, and Sustainability practices throughout the supply chain.
Updates & Resources
December 6, 2023
HAB Meeting - Seating of the Board & Election of Officers
December 7, 2023
HAC/HAB Board Meetings
See agenda and materials
Business Support Tools
Quarterly Avocado Holiday Retail Recap
This report offers quarterly updates on the most recent holiday retail performance for fresh avocados
Latest press release
Retailers Sell 27 Million Additional Avocados During Second Quarter Holidays
MISSION VIEJO, CA – (September 27, 2023) – Spring and summer holidays generated higher avocado unit sales compared to 2022 according to the recently released […]